Crunchyroll and Toei Animation have officially revealed the global theatrical release dates for Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO, with the highly anticipated film set to debut around the world beginning on August 18 in Australia, New Zealand and LATAM, and on August 19 in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland and more!
The full list of release dates are as follows:
- August 18 in Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Central America, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay
- August 19 in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom*, Ireland*, South Africa, Zambia, Vietnam
- August 26 in India, Indonesia
- August 30 in Malaysia, Brunei
- August 31 in the Philippines
- September 1 in Singapore
- September 8 in Taiwan
- September 15 in South Korea
- September 29 in Thailand, Hong Kong, Macao
- Additional global release dates for the film will be announced soon.
*Preview screenings available for the film in United Kingdom and Ireland on August 17 and 18
The film will arrive in more than 2,300 theaters in the United States alone, as well as select U.S.-based IMAX theaters. Tickets for the US and Canada will go on sale on July 22.
The English voice cast includes:
- Son Gohan – Kyle Hebert
- Son Goku – Sean Schemmel
- Son Goten – Robert McCollum
- Piccolo – Christopher R. Sabat
- Bulma – Monica Rial
- Vegeta – Christopher R. Sabat
- Krillin – Sonny Strait
- Trunks – Eric Vale
- Videl – Kara Edwards
- Pan – Jeannie Tirado
The new English voice cast includes:
- Dr. Hedo – Zach Aguilar
- Gamma 1 – Aleks Le
- Gamma 2 – Zeno Robinson
- Magenta – Charles Martinet
- Carmine – Jason Marnocha
RELATED: Crunchyroll Brings Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO to Theaters Around the World This Summer
Dragon Ball series creator Akira Toriyama is in charge of the original story, screenplay and character design for the film, with Tetsuro Kodama directing and Toei Animation handling animation production.
Masako Nozawa, Toshio Furukawa and other series regulars will reprise their famous Dragon Ball roles. Miyu Irino will voice the new character Dr. Hedo, as well as Hiroshi Kamiya and Mamoru Miyano taking the roles of new characters Gamma 1 and Gamma 2, respectively.
The film follows the Dragon Ball Super anime series, as well as the events of the blockbuster Dragon Ball Super: Broly feature film, which hit theaters in 2018. The film went on to gross over $115 million worldwide.
Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO is described as such:
The Red Ribbon Army was once destroyed by Son Goku. Individuals, who carry on its spirit, have created the ultimate Androids, Gamma 1 and Gamma 2. These two Androids call themselves “Super Heroes”. They start attacking Piccolo and Gohan… What is the New Red Ribbon Army’s objective? In the face of approaching danger, it is time to awaken, Super Hero!