The official website and Twitter account for the Chainsaw Man TV anime revved up today, revealing a brand new key visual for the upcoming series and additionally announcing that a new trailer and first cast information will be unveiled during a MAPPA stage event on August 5 at 8 PM Japan time. The event will be streamed on MAPPA’s YouTube channel.
YouTube #MAPPA チャンネルhttps://t.co/ycG5IfM0gg
— チェンソーマン【公式】 (@CHAINSAWMAN_PR) July 29, 2022
The staff for the Chainsaw Man anime is as follows:
- Director: Ryu Nakayama (JUJUTSU KAISEN Episode 19 Director)
- Screenplay: Hiroshi Seko (Mob Psycho 100, JUJUTSU KAISEN)
- Character Design: Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation)
- Action Animation Director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Black Clover, Yatterman Night)
- Assistant Director: Masato Nakazono (JUJUTSU KAISEN, SSSS.Gridman)
- Devil Design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama (Flip Flappers, Space Dandy)
- Background Art Director: Yusuke Takeda (Vinland Saga, JUJUTSU KAISEN)
- Color Design: Naomi Nakano (Sword Art Online: Alicization)
- Screen design: Yosuke Miyahara (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
- Music: Kensuke Ushio (A Silent Voice, Devilman Crybaby)
- Animation Producer: Keisuke Seshimo (JUJUTSU KAISEN)
RELATED: Crunchyroll Expo 2022 Welcomes Chainsaw Man Staff, SPY x FAMILY Dub Cast and More
VIZ Media releases the manga in English, with all eleven volumes of Part 1 out now. Chainsaw Man Part 2 began serialization on the Shonen Jump+ digital manga magazine, Shonen Jump app and Manga Plus app on July 13. Crunchyroll describes the series as such:
Denji is a teenage boy living with a Chainsaw Devil named Pochita. Due to the debt his father left behind, he has been living a rock-bottom life while repaying his debt by harvesting devil corpses with Pochita.
One day, Denji is betrayed and killed. As his consciousness fades, he makes a contract with Pochita and gets revived as “Chainsaw Man” — a man with a devil’s heart.
Source: Chainsaw Man on Twitter
Daryl Harding is a Japan Correspondent for Crunchyroll News. He also runs the YouTube channel about Japan stuff called TheDoctorDazza, tweets at @DoctorDazza, and posts photos of his travels on Instagram.